Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another holiday away from home


     When I was in my teen years, I have always desired to get away from home. It has been my rebellious spirit to try new things and explore different places. Being here in America for about 3 years and 2 months, I learned and realized a lot of things. That sometimes, we get more than what we bargained for. Holiday season is here again, and yet I feel that melancholic breeze. I lived in the Philippines my whole life (although I had to be away for 3 years to work in Singapore) but even so, my heart longs for the only place I called "home". Good thing, I made some really nice friends here and they help me get through the forlornness of the atmosphere. And so last Sunday, we gathered together for our very own Fil-Am Christmas party. I want to be able to look back and reminisce the fun times I had with them, so I brought my trustee camera and took some shots!

yummy appetizers and desserts

homemade prosciutto
a bountiful feast
prizes for the games ( I got one!)
a fun eggplant game!
a Filipina's day is never complete without Kodak moments!


     The day was filled with fun, laughter, tears (from laughing so hard), food, and camera flashes. I almost forgot that I wasn't in Philippines at that time. Next thing we know, it's already 9pm! Time really does fly when you're having so much fun. I wished I could have this moment with my family. All I can say for now is, life's moments are well-spent when you know it is shared with the people you love.

--☺☺☺☺☺--

1 comment:

anne said...

Kahit na siguro saan tayo sa mundo, mamimiss talaga natin ang Pinas. Iba kasi ang pinas eh... Thanks for the visit.

Mary Anne’s Musings