I've always been a sucker for romantic movies. Those that make you hug your teddy bear, sigh, and wish you were the leading lady instead. Most of the time i'll find some interesting movies on the internet or through commercials. But having a subscription in Netflix gives me a heads-up on what's in the know for romantic comedies, etc...
Let me share with you the 10 feel good movies I've watched and liked so far:
- Serendipity - starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale
I couldn't forget the scene when he finally found the book that was given to him by the girl he met from the dept. store just the day before he's supposed to get married to his fiancee. The book's entitled "Love in the time of Cholera".
2. The Wedding Planner - starring Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lopez
This is why I've always dreamed of getting married someday - plus the fact that I am a huge J.Lo fan was a bonus.
3. 50 First Dates - starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
How far would you go to make somebody with "short-term memory loss" fall in love with you? I guess that's what you have to find out...
4. Pearl Harbor - starring Ben Affleck, Kate Beckinsale, and Josh Hartnett
A love triangle in the era of the World War II. Very touchy story indeed...
5. If Only - starring Paul Nicholls and Jennifer Love Hewitt
They say love is sweeter the second time around. But what about a second chance in love? I had to watch this twice to understand the whole story even more ( and don't forget to grab some tissues).
6. A Walk to Remember - starring Shane West and Mandy Moore
What happens when Mr. Bad Boy hooks up with Ms. Daughter-of-the-Pastor? One of Nicholas Sparks' bestselling novels.
7. The Notebook - starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams
It's all about sacrificing for your one true love, no matter how long it takes. Another Nicholas Sparks creation.
8. How to Lose a Guy in 10 days - starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson
This is a love story with a funny twist. It all started with a bet... guess what happens next?
9. 27 Dresses - starring James Marsden and Katherine Heigl
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. But it all changes when she meets this charming reporter who writes a story about her.
10. The Twilight Saga -starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart
Well, who wouldn't resist? Vampire and human fall in love then comes the wolf best friend who's also in love with the human - an unusual love triangle that only happens in movies indeed. (Let's see if I'm gonna like the whole saga though...)
Oh well, I must admit I've seen these movies in like, a hundred times already I could almost memorize their lines. My husband rolls his eyes on me whenever he sees me pop in one of these movies in the player and I know what he's thinking but... whatever! If movies like these would make me feel good, then might as well watch them over and over again right? :)
"A film is a ribbon of dreams. The camera is much more than a recording apparatus; it is a medium via which messages reach us from another world that is not ours and that brings us to the heart of a great secret. Here magic begins." - Orson Welles