"Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing. Thanks for all the joy they're bringing. Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty. What would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we?" - Abba
Just imagine the world without melody, without a song, without a tune. Boring isn't it? And think of how music connects and brings us together. Without music, the world would be in melancholy. And without it, I wouldn't have met my partner in life as well.
My love for music started when I was 4. I have been a solid member of my church choir as a Soprano at the age of 10 up to my 20's. I only quit when I started working since I had a hard time trying to combine my work schedule with my choir practice. My family had an extreme influence in my musical background. Growing up with a family of singers & musicians - grandpa loves to sing & is a huge fan of Elvis Presley, grandma & uncle play the piano, one of my aunts is a professional musician & songwriter, and my mom & my other aunts used to be members of the choir. They helped hone my talent & had eagerly pushed me (even to my limits) and even encouraged me to face my fear of performing in front of the audience. Which then brought me to being a vocalist of a band, thanks to my aunt. I just quit my job before I got married. But even though I may not be singing professionally anymore, my passion for music stays with me wherever I go. I listen to a variety of genres but I have a deep appreciation for pop, acoustic, acoustic pop, blues, r&b soul, & jazz music, even some classic & retro.
Anyway, here is a sample of what I call my "chillax" playlist:
- "Change the world" by Eric Clapton
- "Power of two" by Indigo Girls
- "Baby you're mine" by Basia
- "Everything" by Michael Buble
- "Let's stay together" by Al Green
- "Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder
- "Knocks me off my feet" by Stevie Wonder
- "Baby I love your way" by Big Mountain
- "L-O-V-E" by Fisher
- "Stick wit u" by Pussycat Dolls
- "Just the way you are" by Sitti Navarro
- "The way you look tonight" by Michael Buble
- "If I believed" by Patti Austin
- "Ever After" by Bonnie Bailey
- "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield
- "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat
- "Secret" by Maroon 5
- "Deep" by Binocular
- "Fall for You" by Shanice
Yes, life may not be fair. But there's always something we can hold on to - our hopes and dreams. A lot of us may not be aware of our hidden skills but it's never too late to explore it. What's important is that we don't hold back whatever it is that's in store for us.
Music has been an essential part of our lives, and it still is. We sing when we're happy, and we still sing when we're sad. We describe how we feel by a tune or a melody. Without it, really, what are we?
"So I say THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC, for giving it to me....."