Friday, October 1, 2010

Behind the steering wheel


I still couldn't believe it! Just today I did my first drive outside the neighborhood and it's night time here. My husband gave me the keys to the car and for the first time ever, I made my way out of the neighborhood and into the back road going to Happy Harry's. It may not be a full drive in the highway but I'm still not ready for the big road yet. Not bad though, because I made it back home safe and sound ( take note: our dog is in the back seat and I still remember the first time I drove her last year, she was freaked out and was shivering) but now, she seems fine and no more shivering and chattering for her. Guess I'm more improved than last year huh... I've never had the courage to drive even in the back roads yet because every time I see cars, I start freaking out. I don't know  why but just the sight of cars makes me feel nervous all of a sudden. Now I guess I just gotta do what I gotta do - grab the keys, jump in the car, and brace myself for the new adventure. 

I just realized that fear is never an option. I need to fight that monster and aim on my goal - to be a safe and defensive driver. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that I pass the road test and get my driver's license soon. See you on my next adventure! Ciao for now.... :)

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali



2 comments:

vichygurl t said...

Good Job Jen!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
That is so awesome that you were able to get on the highway. Really different huh? At night, it is way more difficult with all the lights coming at you. Still to this day I hate driving at night sometimes, especially when you have the trucks with their bright lights in your rear view mirror.
I agree with you! You need to not only be a safe driver but a defensive driver. There are way to many wackos out there on the road who do not pay any attention to anyone else. Patience and practice is my advice. Trust me, you will start to feel way more comfortable with the practice and I know you are going to be a great driver!

Love Ya,
Michelle Homlish