Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Harry Potter throwback



After watching Breaking Dawn with some of my girlfriends, I have come to a conclusion that my obsession for Harry Potter really exists for a reason. And since my husband is a pure science-fiction-kind-of-guy, it all makes sense why he wouldn't want to go watch Breaking Dawn with me! Just the whole "human falls for a vampire, wants to be immortal" scenario is not exactly his kind of fiction. And just as I guessed, after Twilight came out - vampire love stories became a hype among teenagers, hence dominating the entertainment world. Thank God for J.K Rowling, whom I'd call a true genius (sorry Ms. Meyer..) for concocting such ostentatious imagination none of us would have imagined. Gone are the days when every children's fiction would have a morale to every story- and Harry Potter just made the cut.

As I saw the ending of the Harry Potter series, a question stuck in my head: "Where in the world did Ms. Rowling find these out-of-this-universe ideas & words...?" Think of it - Hogwarts, Gryffindor, Albus Dumbledore, Voldemort (I dont care if I say this out loud), avada kedavra, stupify, quidditch, polyjuice potion, and many many more. I couldn't even enumerate everything, you gotta read the book to find out what I'm talking about. Her mind-blowing imagination sent us to a thrilling journey. One big KUDOS for that! 

The Harry Potter saga may have ended, but the sparks it left in my pure imaginative mind will always remain. I ,therefore conclude, am a true blue Harry Potter fan at heart :D


"Something wicked this way comes!"



No comments: