Sunday, November 20, 2011

Candid Autumn


Two weeks ago, my husband and I together with his niece and her boyfriend, took a nostalgic steam train ride in the Wilmington-Western Railroad. They have this event called "Autumn Leaf Special" and we thought it would be nice to board the train and do some Fall sightseeing in one of Delaware's historical suburbs, Hockessin. So as I bundled up ( knowing it would be 40 degrees on that day ), I also packed my Canon SLR to see if I could take some shots aboard our No. 58 coach.

Here are some of my favorite shots ( sorry I couldn't post a lot as I am a fan of the burst shot LoL... ) and hope you enjoy the panoramic views through my camera's lens ( 'coz I did! ).


A front view of our steam train ( a vintage version of Thomas the Train! )

A combination of the orange, yellow, and green hues make up the autumn foliage

The sky makes an astounding backdrop for the trees' colors

One of the water views along the Hockessin border
Reflections of Autumn



We can only take pictures aboard the train, so these were taken from where I sat. I had to fumble with my camera's settings the whole time as I had trouble with the bouncing of the flash through the window and the sun beaming towards my face since we took an early afternoon train ride. But so far, I still managed to capture the beauty of Autumn right from my seat. 

Ahhh, Autumn what can I say?? Let me savor you first whilst I brace myself for your successor, Winter.



"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."  ~ Albert Camus



No comments: